Ghost … spirits (not the drinking kind) … do they exist? There are hotels that boast of their haunted rooms. Dead people that don’t have any where to go but to hang out in the hallways or guest rooms. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?
Stephen King wrote two books that were inspired by haunted hotels.
The Shining, was inspired by the Stanley Hotel, Click Here to read more about the hotel that is haunted and an inspiration.
1408 was not based on any haunted hotel in particular.
Some reported haunted hotels are:
1. Fairmont Château Laurier located in Ottawa, Ontario; reports of furniture moving – Click Here to find out more.
2. La Pavillion Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana; reports of a lost girl wandering the lobby, guests losing their bedding, a prankster running through walls – Click Here to find out more.
3. Fort Garry Hotel located in Winnipeg, Manitoba; reports of bleeding walls, scratching noises, bloody footprints on the bed – Click Here to find out more.
4. Banff Springs Hotel located in Banff, Alberta; Room 873 screaming, bloody hand prints on the mirrors, flickering lights – Click Here to find out more.
5. Fairmont Royal York, located in Toronto, Ontario; reported of music playing, people talking and children running and laughing down empty hallways – Click Here to find out more.
6. Fairmont Vancouver Hotel, located in Vancouver, British Columbia; where a ghost haunts floors 1-14, a lady in red, who is very friendly and has a drink named after her – Click Here to find out more.
7. The Stanley Hotel, located in Estes, Colorado; where you could experience your bags being unpacked for you, mysterious piano playing and the sound of children giggling as they run up and down in empty hallways, this is also the hotel that inspired Stephen King’s The Shining – Click Here to find out more.
8. Hoshi Ryokan Hotel, located in Komatsu, Japan is the oldest hotel that is still in operations since 718 and passed through 46 generations, each room has its own oriental and magical items, the ghost who wander these grounds guard the hotel –Click Here to find out more.
9. Langham Hotel, located in London, England; it’s said room 333 is the most haunted not many people want to stay in that room and the ones who don’t know about the stories usually ask to be moved elsewhere – Click Here to find out more.
10. Russell Hotel, located in Sydney, Australia; it’s said that room 8 is the most haunted, where things go bump in the night, ghostly seamen walking about – Click Here to find out more.
Visit my Author Facebook Page and click “Like Page” Thank you for your support.
“I’m the type of guy if there’s a hanted hotel in town, I’m staying there and will stay up all night waiting to get the crap scared out of me.”
~ Stephen Colletti ~
Hope you enjoyed!
Dave Mornix and R. J. Davies Mornix