We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s Plot Bunnies featuring Cyborgs. This is the beginning of a new project that Dave Mornix and I have planned. Each day will post something funny, weird or strange … but with some fact behind it. You can then run with it and use it for your own inspirational purposes or just read it and do nothing the choice is yours.
On a British Colombia Government website:
Zombies? In British Columbia? Are you serious?
Well, sorta. The threat of zombie attack is a popular phenomenon around the globe and with it comes the message to “be prepared”. Earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, landslides, avalanches, interface fires, severe storms and hazardous material spills are some of the dangers that could threaten lives and cause extensive damage in British Columbia. And while the chance of zombies a-knockin’ on your door is pretty slim, we do believe that if you’re ready for zombies, you’re ready for any disaster.
Follow along with us this week as we provide you with an arsenal of zombie preparedness tips, videos, photos and even some advice from a zombie-attack survivor.
- Watch this video about how a little girl foiled a zombie attack on her family. You might learn something.
- Tip #1: Ensure your gas tank is always half full.
- Tip #2: Have emergency kits for your home, office and car.
- Tip #3: Have a plan!
- Tip #4: Get an emergency kit.
- Tip #5: Have an out-of-province contact.
- Day One: Outbreak
- Day Two: What’s For Dinner? Hopefully Not My Brain
- Day Three: Close Encounter
- Day Four: Evacuation Order
- Day Five: Humans: 1, Zombies: 0. On the Road to Recovery.
Facts and Advice
- Know the risk in your area. Other than zombie attack, your region may be susceptible to flooding, earthquakes or tsunamis. Find out and get prepared.
- Devise a plan. When zombies attack, or wildfires strike, you’ll have to act fast. Your plan should include:
- Safe exits from your home and neighbourhood;
- A meeting place to reunite with family; and
- Pre-determined out-of-province contacts so friends and family will know you’re okay.
- Get an emergency kit. There’s no time to collect supplies when zombies are shuffling around your neighbourhood! Make sure to assemble grab-and-go kits for your home, office and vehicle. They should contain supplies for a minimum of 72 hours.
- May was chosen for Zombie Awareness Month because cult classics like “Night of the Living Dead” and “Dawn of the Dead” are set in spring.
Food for thought:
Story ideas …
Well there are theories how a foreign substance (could be alien) introduced to one person and it’s spreads, every where (a bug or animal bite, a pill, a virus)
Writing about being the caused of the Zombie Apocalypse that ends the human race as we know it.
Purposely poisoning the food supply that runs our country! Causing a Zombie Apocalypse.
Please Click Like Page:I also started a Facebook Page for my writing if you have visit it please do and click “Like Page” Thank you for your support.
“I like my zombies slow and I like my zombies stupid”
~ Seth Grahame-Smith ~
Hope you enjoyed this!
R. J. Davies Mornix and Dave Mornix