We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s Plot Bunnies Featuring Li Ching-Yuen. Continuing our project that we have planned. Each day will post something funny, weird or strange … but with some fact behind it. You can then run with it and use it for your own inspirational purposes or just read it and do nothing the choice is yours.
The end of the world is coming! End of days are near … I think there is one of these stories in the news every year with foreboding doom for all of mankind. If it’s not some mystical end of days doomsday scenario than there is a war with people wanting to shoot or bomb part of the human race off this planet. I’m sure you remember what the 7 deadly signs that the end of the world is near! The seven plagues from Revelations. They include:
The Seven Warnings That End of Days are Coming
1. Land – ugly and painful sores broke out on the people.
2. Sea – it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died.
3. Rivers and Spring – they became blood.
4. Sun – the sun was given power to scorch people with fire.
5. Throne of the beast – his kingdom was plunged into darkness.
6. Great River Euphrates – its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East
7. Air – the great city plight into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed.
In the News, on July 25th 2014:
A massive stretch of China’s Yangtze River suddenly turned red overnight on Wednesday, baffling both villagers and scientists who say this has never happened to this body of water before.
Residents of Wenzhou, a southwestern industrial town in Zhejiang Province, say the river was its usual color at 4 am Thursday morning and began to turn blood red at around 6 am.
According to NBC News, environmental officials are attributing the transformation to industrial pollution and an influx of silt due to recent floods.
Freshwater lakes have been known to naturally turn red, but typically because of bacteria that arrives when a body of water is low in oxygen. Rivers, however, are constantly moving and mixing with the air above them so they rarely experience oxygen deprivation.
Emily Stanley, a professor of limnology at the University of Wisconsin, called the reddening of China’s largest river a “pollutant phenomenon.” She told NBC.
- too much algae in the water at high tide
- incursions of color-producing bacteria that arrive when a body of water has less oxygen than normal
- dumping red dye in the body of water for celebration purposes
- pollutant reaction
Food for thought:
Story ideas …
What if it was one of the signs that the world was coming to an end our hero could fight it and save humanity.
Good verses evil, someone who is looking to cause a world panic.
A battle of good and bad angels but maybe there is one who is a counter spy for the other team.
A horror story about the four horse men.
Please Click Like Page:I also started a Facebook Page for my writing if you have visit it please do and click “Like Page” Thank you for your support.
“If you are writing any book about the end of the world, what you are really writing about is what’s worth saving about it.”
~ Justin Cronin ~
Hope you enjoyed this!
R. J. Davies Mornix and Dave Mornix