We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s Plot Bunnies Featuring Number Sequencing, Lucky and Unlucky Numbers. Continuing our project that we have planned. Each day will post something funny, weird or strange … but with some fact behind it. You can then run with it and use it for your own inspirational purposes or just read it and do nothing the choice is yours.
Longevity, living a long fulfilling life and being able to take care of yourself in old age. Old age use to be 60-70s, people are living longer well into their 90s every day all over the world. In fact it use to be a thrill to get someone who hits a 110th birthday now you need to get up to 120. What about a man who lived to be either 197 or 256 years old?
According to Wikipedia:
Li Ching-Yuen died May 6, 1933.
Li Ching-Yuen was a Chinese herbalist.
He claimed to be born in 1736 yet birth records suggested 1677, either case he either lived to be 197 or 256 years old … the oldest man known to us.
His true date of birth was never determined.
Li Ching-Yuen was reported to be a martial artist, herbalist and tactical advisor.
A French woman named Jeanne Calment lived to be 122 years old and 164 days.
Time‘s report dated April 30, 2014
9 secrets to living longer include:
- Your personality affects how long you’ll live
- Your diet matters … a lot (eating healthy helps)
- Genetics are a factor (how good are your genes)
- Staying in school will add a few years (people with a bachelor’s degree or higher live about 9 years longer than those who didn’t graduate high school)
- Work stress isn’t bad for you, necessarily (work stress that keeps you productive but doesn’t wear on your health)
- But it helps to be more mindful (meditation hits the list)
- It helps to be positive (but not overly positive)
- Being social is important
- Sitting for long periods of time is bad (get up and get moving)
Food for thought:
Story ideas …
Write about someone plagued with a disease and can’t get older.
Or like Captain Jack Harkness, you can’t ever die. Well you do but you come back.
Vampires they don’t normally die and live for a very long time.
An alien race that lives longer than we do but live among us.
Please Click Like Page:I also started a Facebook Page for my writing if you have visit it please do and click “Like Page” Thank you for your support.
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
~ Mark Twain ~
Hope you enjoyed this!
R. J. Davies Mornix and Dave Mornix