We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s Plot Bunnies featuring the Body Under the Bed. This is the beginning of a new project that Dave Mornix and I have planned. Each day will post something funny, weird or strange … but with some fact behind it. You can then run with it and use it for your own inspirational purposes or just read it and do nothing the choice is yours.
A little island in the South Pacific … Easter Island … the island with the mysterious heads.
In May 2012 … it was discovered that the heads … have bodies …
Project director Jo Anne Van Tilburg said: ‘Our EISP excavations recently exposed the torsos of two 7m tall statues.
‘Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of visitors to the island have been astonished to see that, indeed, Easter Island statues have bodies!
‘More important, however, we discovered a great deal about the Rapa Nui techniques of ancient engineering.’
Among their discoveries, the team have discovered:
- The dirt and detritus partially burying the statues was washed down from above and not deliberately placed there to bury, protect, or support the statues
- The statues were erected in place and stand on stone pavements
- Post holes were cut into bedrock to support upright tree trunks
- Rope guides were cut into bedrock around the post holes
- Posts, ropes, stones, and different types of stone tools were all used to carve and raise the statues upright
- The statues are called Moai.
- They are monolithic human figures carved by the Rapa Nui people.
- They are made from rock between 1250 to 1500.
- The tallest moai erected, called Paro, was almost 10 meters high and weighs 82 tons.
- They are known for their large, broad noses and strong chins.
Food for thought:
Story ideas …
Instead of created by ancient humans, wouldn’t it be interesting if these were created by aliens?
What if the statues held some other hidden agenda?
What if something was hidden inside the statues? Something that was of alien or mystic origin?
Please Click Like Page:I also started a Facebook Page for my writing if you have visit it please do and click “Like Page” Thank you for your support.
“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
~ Helen Keller ~
Hope you enjoyed this!
R. J. Davies Mornix and Dave Mornix